#bookgivingday takes place on 14th February each year. The aim? To get books in the hands of as many children as possible.
International Book Giving Day is 100% volunteer led. It exists because:
- Most children in developing countries do not own books
- In the United Kingdom, one-third of children do not own books
- In the United States, two-thirds of children living in poverty do not own books
Their focus is on encouraging people worldwide to give a book to a child on February 14th. Why not take part in one of the following ways:
- Gift a book to a friend or family member,
- Leave a book in a waiting room for children to read
- Donate a gently used book to a local library, hospital or shelter or to an organization that distributes used books to children in need internationally.
To celebrate the art of reading and sharing, Our Street Books has created some fun book marks. These are FREE to download so why not print them, cut them into 4 and tuck into the books you gift on #BookGivingDay.
Tag us @ourstreetbooks on Social Media so we can see what you’re up to!
0 comments on this articleThis thread has been closed from taking new comments.