Your Manuscript is polished, formatted, and stylistically consistent. It’s time to upload it and begin the editing process.
You will need:
- your Word Document
- any images that will need to be in your manuscript, as separate files
Not a problem – please just update the Expected Date and click Save Changes.
Once you have saved your changes, you will have to reload the webpage to see the new date.
- Visit your Production page.
- Go to the Workflow section. Click on the arrows to the right of Manuscript Upload and Approval to open this section.
- Click + upload a file, add a description, choose a Type and select Manuscript.
- Click Choose file and select the file from your hard drive.
- Click upload file.
- If you have images for your manuscript, add them too. Click + upload a file, add a description, choose a Type and select Picture.
- Do not add Cover ideas here. For that use the Cover Workflow section below.
- Click Save Changes.
- Click Approve to notify the editor.
- Whenever you upload something to the database – if you can then see it there on the page, it has worked. If you cannot see it, it has not been loaded.
This is your last chance to check that you have formatted and prepared your manuscript correctly Not doing so now, may result in delays later in the Production Process.
Now you’re all set, click on Approve/Confirm – the Editorial Manager will be notified and the Production process begins.
You have one more chance to change the manuscript, when you check the copyedited manuscript.
Share this page: