Add your draft manuscript here when you submit the proposal. This is also an area where you can upload any other documents/images which you think could be helpful to us/you (so long as you have
permission to use them!).
If you are uploading sample text/synopsis, please give us an idea of the eventual approximate word count.
This space is not for anything final; for that, go to the Production page – though you cannot upload anything there until a few days after the contract is accepted and the status of
the book has moved from “Proposal” or “Contract Received” to “In Production” (that is to give us time to allocate people to the book).
- Save it to your home computer; an easy place to save it is on your “Desktop.” Please only upload word as doc, not docx (Word 2007). PDF, jpeg or excel files are OK. Make sure there are no special
characters in the filename such as / " ! etc.
- If you use Word 2007 or later, before uploading it do file>save as and for the "Save as Type" box choose "Word 97-2003 Document" type.
- In the top right-hand corner of the Proposal section, click on “+upload a file,” in blue.
- In "Description of File", type in a description of what it is. Then click on "Choose File"; a “Choose File” panel will appear on your screen.
- Click on the dropdown menu at the top of the panel and select the folder in which the file has been saved (e.g. if you have saved it on your desktop, select “Desktop”).
- Click on the document you want to upload. The name of the file will appear at the bottom of the box - click “Open.”
- The file extension will appear in the file box, then click on "Import File."
- A timer will appear while the document loads. Once it has loaded, you should be able to “View” or “Delete” the file.
- If it does not link or if it flags up as "Warning," try renaming it without using hyphens, or apostrophes - just full stops. If it still does not attach as a file, it is because it is not in a
format that we can use to circulate around readers, editors etc. It has color in it, or overly complicated diagrams, pictures, whatever.
- The maximum size you can upload is 4MB, which should be plenty; it is enough for about 1600 pages of text. Any more, and it is not going to transfer between computers, or from us to the
- Our system uses English-style dating. Americans put the month before the day. We do not have room for both in the database, so we stick to English.