When we launched our new site we wanted to celebrate 17 years of doing things differently.
- Between 2001 and 2018 we have:
- Published almost 2000 books.
- Released close to 200 titles a year.
Our structure and way of working consists of:
- 24 imprints.
- 40+ team members, many of whom are authors themselves.
- We’re all distributed around the world.
- We’re all united under a central system and core set of values.
Our rebrand is based on the circle as a reflection of this unity within diversity. We operate in one respect as a traditional publisher, using sales teams around the world to get books into the trade. In another, we have a progressive business model:
- The real-time business statistics on our site highlight our commitment to transparency.
- Our internal forums mean every member of staff can contribute to business discussions.
- Our Publishing Guide makes our key information available to everyone and enables us scale upwards easily and efficiently.
- We invest heavily in marketing/PR, allocating some to every title, repeating it with every 500 copies sold.
- Our social media presence reaches over 100,000 people, including the massively successful Zero Books podcast.
- On books of high risk, that should be published despite a small market for them, or high design costs, we co-publish: an author subsidy spreads the risk. This works out at about one in six titles.
10 JHP Bestsellers and Highlights
- In The Dust Of This Planet Eugene Thacker, Zero Books – Jay-Z wore this book’s cover in his video for “Run”, it became a bestseller overnight.
- Kill All Normies, Andrea Nagle, Zero Books.
- Heart of Tantric Sex, Diana Richardson – see Diana’s TED talk on tantric sex here over 200,000 views.
- The Fall, Steve Taylor, Iff Books.
- 7 Aha's of Highly Enlightened Souls, Mike George.
- Why Materialism Is Baloney, Iff Books.
- Pagan Portals series - Moon Books.
- Made Easy series, Body, Mind And Spirit.
- The Master Communicator’s Handbook, Teresa Erickson & Tim Ward, Changemakers Books.
- Beat The Rain, Nigel Jay Cooper, Roundfire Books.
0 comments on this articleThis thread has been closed from taking new comments.